Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I love Takoyaki-Osaka’s popular local specialities

PAK86_takoyakidekiageari15122810_TP_V

“Takoyaki” (Octpus dumplings) is  one of Osaka’s local popular local specialities.

It is a baked ball of wheat flour of three to five centimeter diameter, into which a small piece of octpus is put.

Not only eating at a stand and a restaurant, but also cooking at home.

I have a takoyaki pan and they say every house int the city owns one.

4041b83d2e70ad349c6aeaed3dd06742-750x499

By most account, takoyaki was created in 1935, when an Osaka restaurant cooked a batter made from flour and stock in the shape of ball, with diced octpus inside.

I sometimes eat rice with takoyaki as the main dish.

osaka-997318_640

Many foreighners surprised that, because that would be like eating rice with bread as entree.

I enjoy takoyaki with variatinons.

I use sausage, rice cake and cheese, shrimp instead of octpus.

Not only that, I cook spanish “ajilio” -dish fried in garlic oil with a takoyaki pan.

I think takoyaki has very possible food.